Creating a perfect schedule often feels like trying to manage a business of ferrets. By the way, it is a correct collective noun, we aren’t kidding, check it out.
Luckily, the world is full of creative innovators. You have the option to choose from a load of different tools that can help with this process.
But which one is the best free schedule maker to date?
We have come up with this list of the top schedule makers out there for you to use, so the process of selecting the right one can be easier for you.
Before we get into our top picks for the best free schedule maker out there, let’s first see what you can gain from creating a schedule and why you would want one.
Benefits of Creating a Schedule
- Scheduling your day gives you an action plan. This action plan lets you move forward with the right amount of energy, time, and availability to match what you have for the day. It also allows you to reduce stress because you are prepared with the tasks and responsibilities you have to get done.
- Creating a schedule lets you prioritize items as they come along. You will have everything in front of you and will be able to determine what needs to be bumped up in your to-do list. You can also match these items with your day’s plan and amend accordingly. Moreover, creating a schedule lets you identify any potential pitfalls so you can be prepared for emergencies.
- A schedule will not only help you be organized, but it will help those around you. Especially in regards to work situations. A schedule will encourage your coworkers and team members to plan and be prepared.
Top Pick for the Best Free Schedule Maker
Not everyone has a budget to spend on getting a scheduling tool, however, there is a sheer number of free options for you to choose from.
Here are our top picks for the best schedule makers that are free to use.
If you look at nTask, you may not think of a schedule maker as it is predominantly a project management tool.
However, with the vast features provided in the platform, nTask can be used to serve the purpose of a great schedule maker, while also providing other facilities.
Once you get a feel for its functionality, chances are you won’t want to consider any other tool.
With nTask you have the option of Gantt chart views or calendar views to schedule tasks concerning your projects to know what you and your team’s schedule will be.
You can also create meetings, track progress, and get reminders for important dates or approaching deadlines.
The app provides great versatility and thus can be used to meet your needs.
- The basic plan for free
- Premium $2.99 per month
- Business plan for $7.99 per month
- Enterprise plan customizable plan
The application shows any open slots you have in your schedule and gives external contracts to request or schedule appointments or meetings with you.
This app is great at keeping your scheduling in a centralized location and drastically eliminates the confusion created by email appointments.
Calendly provides a free version, however, this version is aimed at individual users, and so will become difficult to manage if you assign multiple people to one slot.
- Access Calendly’s basic plan free of cost
- Upgrade to the Premium plan for $8/month, per user
- A pro plan for $12/month, per user
3. Schedule Builder
Schedule Builder is a great daily or weekly Schedule maker.
With this tool, you can create up to 5 weekly or daily schedules online. You then have the option to save the schedule, convert it to an image or PDF file, or even print it for your ease.
The software supports nine languages and is also customizable in terms of the background image you wish to have.
- Schedule Maker is free to use
- 24 Excellent Appointment Scheduling Apps to Use in 2020
- The 11 Best Resource Management Software of 2020
4. Google Sheets
You can access Google Sheets as part of the Google Docs package.
Google Sheets is spreadsheet software that allows you the option to create grids where you can make your own schedule. The benefit of using such a tool rather than a specific schedule maker is the customization it allows you.
You can even take the help of a schedule template to get you started.
By using Google Sheets, you have a centralized schedule that gives you and your team the ability to adjust on their terms. It also makes your schedule easier to update.
- Google Sheets is free to use
Shiftly is a scheduling app that can be used for individuals or small businesses.
The software allows you the ability to schedule multiple employees within multiple shifts.
Created specifically for the purpose, Shiftly makes scheduling simpler. With intuitive design and drag and drop interface, your scheduling becomes a breeze.
The application also gives you the option to assign responsibilities and tasks to your employees so they are aware of what needs to be done.
However, since the application requires schedules to be sent via email this can be troublesome for some. You need to ensure everyone receives their schedule and also be vigilant to inform anyone of any changes that are made.
- Shiftly has a starter plan for free
- You can update to the pro plan for $4/month, per staff
Article originally published at www.ntaskmanager.com on October 20, 2020.