Milanote established itself as a note-taking tool for creative professionals, showing itself as a notes app for creative work when it was launched in 2017.
Milanote continues to make waves in the post-pandemic era. The note-taking tool is the preferred choice of leading professionals who this app to take notes for creative work.
The platform has added up multiple features which allow users to add notes and mind maps, manage to-do lists, and post comments.
While Milanote is an amazing tool without its shortcomings, there are multiple reasons why you should look for a Milanote alternative:
- Milanote does not have version history, making it quite difficult to restore the previous iterations of your work.
- Milanote does not offer a tagging system to make it easier to categorize your notes.
- The only way to navigate down your notes and boards in Milanote is by using the breadcrumb trail.
- There is no other way to organize your notes in a proper structure, similar to what to get in other wiki software and note-taking.
- Milanote offers no public API and no integrations with other services.
There are plenty of other reasons for not using Milanote anymore. Regardless of what they are and how long they are, there are multiple Milanote alternatives to choose from.
Best Milanote alternatives To Try Today!
To make your decision much more easily, we have evaluated multiple options and put together a list of Milanote alternatives and competitors,
If you are looking for the top Milanote alternative that works like a collaborative digital whiteboard, consider Miro.
It is much more flexible than Milanote, which may enhance the learning curve for new users, but its vast library of ready-to-use templates makes it easy to get started. Miro completely shines when it is used collaboratively in a team.
It offers plenty of features like video conferencing, Milanote lacks, presentation mode, screen sharing, and more.
It is great for facilitating meetings, brainstorming ideas, running agile workshops and classes, and a lot more. Miro is the Google Docs of whiteboard tools, you can conveniently see what your teammates are working on in real-time, promoting effortless collaboration.
- Creating a list of ideas to focus on for an important project
- Developing a user story or customer journey map
- New concept, idea, and wireframing
- Laying out a roadmap or strategy for an innovation workshop or program
- Running more engaging or innovative meetings for your team in any agile culture
- Free plan
- Team plan costs $10 per month or $96 per year
- The Business plan costs $20 per month or $192 per year
- Enterprise plan, customized plans
Evernote is a popular note-taking app with a large user base. The platform has gained popularity among professionals and students. It is a dedicated note-taking app that allows you complete control over your notes.
It makes searching, capturing, and organizing notes highly accessible. Evernote is a simple, efficient, and elegant tool that helps to sync between multiple devices quickly. The navigation on all devices stays the same over mobile, desktop, and web.
Evernote has various note-taking templates you can select from. They include to-do lists, reading lists, essay outlines, etc. All of these templates save you plenty of time that you will otherwise have spent creating something similar from scratch.
After creating a note, you can easily organize them as different notebooks within the Evernote app. You can also add unique tags to every note that you can create. These tags will assist you to sort out and find your notes faster.
- Create, organize and assign tasks within notes
- Calendar integration from up to five accounts to view upcoming events
- Geographic search to find notes in the Evernote location
- Mobile offline notes that are available anywhere, anytime, and even without an internet connection
- PDF annotation
- Concierge support
- Faster image recognition and search in PDFs
- Evernote app offers a freemium
- Two premium plans of the Evernote app, personal and professional, monthly or yearly.
- Former costs $7.99/month and the latter $9.99/month.
- You can take advantage of the 14-day free period to test each premium plan before deciding if you will purchase or not.
Asana is one of the most adaptable task management and collaboration software that is highly accessible and easy to use. Asana has a user interface that is both interface and intuitive, making it quite simple to collaborate in groups of any size.
Some of the top features include task management, several app integrations, and workload management.
The platform is designed to assist managers in assigning projects and keeping employees on track when it comes to the work that needs to be done.
It is an excellent collaboration tool that helps teams manage all kinds of tasks. Asana also supports multiple automatic processes and integrations that can make your team much more efficient.
You can set up automatic messages and due dates for every project individually.
- Customizable dashboards and activity feeds
- Focus mode and individual task lists
- Custom calendar and prioritization
- Tracking and project permissions
- Automated updates and notifications/reminders
- Multiple workspaces, customer support, and tracking
- Email integration and searched views
- Free Trial
- Free Package — 15 users
- Premium Package — $21/5 users/month
4. Roam Research
Roam Research is one of the top auto-back linked wikis that assists people to be more productive.
With the help of bi-directional links, you can easily create new pages as you type, and when you go to those pages, it lists all the bullets where you have mentioned the tag. You can create a network of notes that are interconnected and not linear or hieratical.
Roam Research is one of the best pieces of software for writers, academics, and thought leaders to take notes and manage their knowledge.
Roam helps to retain the core benefits of many other note-taking tools, streamlines many inefficiencies, strips away their bloat, and adds up a few unexpected additional benefits.
The software cleanly fixes accidental mistakes by merging the data on the pages and updating links in order to minimize duplicate issues.
- Calendar notification sends a user notification.
- Real-time collaboration.
- Task tracking is the process where one identifies, monitors, and progresses.
- Recurring tasks that happen over and over again.
- To-do lists and calendar notes.
- File sharing and app integrations
- API access and Apps
- Unlimited Collaborators
- Up to 3 Private or Public Roam Graphs
- Meetings Support arranging meetings and recording vital details.
- Version control is the process of monitoring and handling charges
- Pricing Model — Free Trial
- Monthly Yearly Pro — $13.75/month, $15/month billed, $180/per year
Bear is a beautifully designed note-taking application for IOS and Mac. It offers an elegant design with the ability to add full in-line images and the Markdown editor makes it the perfect tool to easily draft quick notes or in-depth essays.
One of the best features include beautiful themes, focus mode to help you concentrate, typography, PDF and word docs converter, hashtags to quickly find and organize notes, multi-device sync via iCloud, and Cross-Note links.
Bear is a creative alternative to Milanote, navigation between organizational hashtags and individual notes is effortless.
Bear uses a unique hashtag system for searching notes, you can add a hashtag to any note, which then makes that hashtag a keyword that Bear can search for locations. The system is flexible, intuitive, and best of all, very fast.
- Simple and distraction free-interface
- Multiple storage options included
- Folder design
- Plain and simple hashtagging set-up
- Task management
- Notes management
- Mobile support
- API and Customization
- Bear free — export options, attachments, and tags
- Bear pro — $1.49/month — for writing themes, iCloud sync across iPhone, iPad and Mac, and encrypted notes.
Wrapping it up
So which one of these tools is the top alternative to Milanote? The answer depends upon your choices and how you are using the application and why you are looking for an alternative in the first place. We gathered a list of the top Milanote alternatives for you to choose from, start digging and start making notes now!